Participant Risk Declaration:
In consideration of the Rotary Club of Toronto Sunrise permitting me to enter into and participate in the Paddlefest event I fully release, indemnify and hold harmless the Rotary Club, its servants and agents from all claims for injury, loss or damage of whatever kind I might suffer as a result of any acts or omissions whether negligent or otherwise of the Club, its servants or agents in relation to the event.
Conditions: All entrants must read and agree to this declaration
Paddlefest is a project of the Rotary Club of Toronto Sunrise conducted with the assistance of others.
In these Terms and Conditions of Entry:
- The Event is Paddlefest
- The Event Owner is the Rotary Club of Toronto Sunrise
- You are the Participant or Paddler
These Terms and Conditions are designed to enable the Event to operate smoothly, safely and effectively. By registering to participate in the Event, you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Entry in respect of yourself and any other persons, including any minors or children who you register. You further warrant that you have the capacity and authority to agree to these Terms and Conditions of Entry on behalf of all such persons whose registration you arrange.
EVERY person that goes on the water must sign the waiver, which includes every member of a Dragon Boat team, Outrigger team and Double Kayak team and all Cub Leaders and Cubs (parents or guardians).
Please take the time to review these Terms and Conditions and understand your rights and obligations.
You may elect to take part in the 5km, 10km 1km, sprint and short course events. The course lengths may not be exactly these distances.
We want to ensure your SAFETY
Our Council approval and Aquatic Licence for Paddlefest require that you are aware of potential risks associated with paddling on or swimming in Lake Macquarie.
Please note that participating in water based activities of Paddlefest may expose you to the following RISKS:
- Injury or death from
- Collision with other watercraft
- Bites from poisonous and dangerous sea creatures
- Cuts and abrasions from sharp objects on the lake bottom.
- Fatigue or dehydration from paddling
- Adverse weather conditions
- Wave action from wind and other watercraft
- Equipment failure
You agree to obey any directions of Water Police, RMS, SES, Event marshals and Event officials and paddle with all reasonable care, skill, diligence and consideration of other users and Event participants. You also understand that Lake Macquarie is used by other vessels and craft. You attest and warrant that you are physically fit and that your craft is in a sound order and suitable for undertaking the Event.
- Please note all participants in canoe, kayak, SUP and on water events must wear an approved Australian Standards life vest at all times.
- Participants in SUP events must wear suitable aquatic shoes and must have a leash on their board.
- Life vests are not required for Outrigger or Dragon Boat events, but all participants should wear appropriate footwear
Please note the following information to help make your paddle on Lake Macquarie safe.
- Attend the event briefing before your event and familiarise yourself with the event course, safety procedures and current weather forecast.
- Obey the instructions event safety support staff
- If you experience difficulty during the event raise your hands and wave to attract the attention of safety support staff. Safety boats with SES and Rotary support crew will patrol the course and monitor paddlers during the event.
- If you capsize do not leave you vessel. With your vessel make your way to the nearest accessible shore given wave and current conditions. Safety boat staff will be nearby to assist if necessary.
- If you are unable to continue in the event wait on shore and alert a safety support officer for assistance.
Please ensure you report to the Finish Judges when you return to the shore, we need to know that everyone is off the water at the end of each event.
The minimum age is 5 years or older at the Event Date. Children under 16 years of age participating must be accompanied by an adult Participant who will be responsible for their welfare.
Photography of Participants, including Minors
By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions of Entry and participating in the Event, you consent to the taking of images or video footage of you and/ or your child during or at the Event or its authorised agents and authorise the use of such images or video footage of you and/or your child by the Event Owner, its authorised agents and its sponsors in all forms of media without any further approval or compensation.
Time Limitations or Event Suspension
By participating in the Event, you acknowledge that an Event official may, at any time during the conduct of the Event, in his or her absolute discretion, direct your withdrawal from the Event. If an Event official directs your withdrawal from the Event, you undertake to comply with this direction immediately, including by voluntarily returning to the finish area. You agree to indemnify the Event Owner against any loss or damage resulting from your failure to comply with this condition.
You are responsible for all personal property and chattels you bring onto the event course, area and sites and understand that the Event Owner does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any loss, damage or harm caused to your personal property and chattels whether caused by negligence or otherwise. The Event Owner strongly recommends that you obtain personal accident insurance before taking part in the Event.
The Event Owner also recommends that your craft is checked and inspected prior to using it in the Event. If, during the Event, you become ill or are injured, the Event Owner will endeavour to arrange medical transport, usually in an ambulance, but will not take responsibility for such transport being available nor the care provided. Any medical transport costs must be met by you. The Event Owner recommends that you hold current ambulance service membership. The waiver agreed to by you as a condition of entry to the Event does not cover Participants for liability to other persons for accidents or injuries caused by yourself or another paddler.
You are responsible for ensuring that you have adequately and appropriately prepared both physically and mentally for the Event, and have the appropriate equipment and clothing to do so. If you have any current or past health issues or doubts prior to the Event, the Event Owner recommends that you seek appropriate medical advice before participating in the Event.
Cancellation & Weather
All or any of the activities in the Event may be postponed or cancelled in adverse weather conditions. Participants will be notified. Except as otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions of Entry and as required by law, the Event Owner is under no obligation to refund monies or entry fees due to non-use, cancellation, failure to participate or dissatisfaction by the Participant. The Event Owner may, in its absolute discretion and without giving reasons for its decision, accept or refuse an application for registration from participation in the Event.
Conditions of Entry:
- I will abide by directions from the event organisers whose decision in all matters relating hereto and to the suitability and eligibility of applicants is final and binding.
- In consideration of the Rotary Club of Toronto Sunrise permitting me to enter and participate in the Paddlefest event, I fully release, indemnify and hold harmless the Rotary Club, its servants and agents from all claims for injury, loss or damage of whatever kind I might suffer as a result of any acts or omissions whether negligent or otherwise of the Club, its servants or agents in relation to the event.
- I will reimburse the event organisers for any damages or losses caused by the entrant to equipment provided by event organisers.
- I understand that paddling a light craft on Lake Macquarie is a potentially hazardous activity and that a reasonable level of health and fitness is required. I am aware that if I have a serious/chronic medical problem I should consult my doctor prior to participating in any Paddlefest 2018 events.
- I understand that protests will not be considered. This is a charity event.
- I understand that Speers Point Park is a no alcohol venue.
I certify that each person covered by this entry understands and undertakes to be bound by the above Terms and Conditions and the decision to participate will be mine only.
|I have read and accept the above terms and conditions.
Name of participant___________________________ Adult Youth
Signature (if adult participant) __________________________________________
Name of parent or guardian (if youth participant) ___________________________
Signature of parent or guardian_________________________________________